Friday, October 22, 2010

What I learned in my Assignment..

I think that both assignments were very helpful and useful.  Personaly, reading a chapter and then applying everything or a few things about it, into my paper really helps me understand it better. Also, my group helped me out a lot! There were times where I didn't understand what I was suppose to be writing about, but my group, especially for the las assignment, helped give me a better idea on what I needed to write about and also inspired me to open up my book and read over chapter 9 CONCEALED CLAIMS, and chapter 12, REASONING BY ANALOGY again. Since I had the topic of PETA (people for ethical treatement of animals), I learned about how the would use the power of persuasive definitions to make their arguement. This is a way, in which they would define the problem and say how animals are being used in laboratories and have holes drilled in their heads. This is defining the issue and can not be argued. Reading advertisements for PETA also helped me to learn about proof subsitutes. They would say why people would stop abusing animals because of things the PETA said animals would go through, although it seems convincing, they did not have any proof shown in these ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment