Friday, November 12, 2010

Reasonings.

  • Reasoning by analogy: Education is like a safety blanket.Safety blankets keep you safe and education can help you feel safe in getting a good career in the future. Reasoning by analogy is a comparison. It may be reasonable but it is not an argument.
  • Sign reasoning: I walk to school because I missed the bus. The only way I could get to school was walking. This is logical reasoning.
  • Casual reasoning: Working out makes you skinny. This is a casual reasoning because it hold a cause and effect. This statement is generalized and isn't always true. It's just assumed
  • Criteria reasoning: My friend thinks all black cats are bad luck. So when she see's a black cat I assume she is goin to freak out.
  • Reasoning by example: You need to study before taking a test. One time I took a test and thought I'd do okay since I went to class everyday. I got a D because I did not study and couldn't remember some of the stuff we went over in lecture.
  • Inductive reasoning: I always check my locks before I leave. So when I go to my friends house I will check my lock.
  • Deductive reasoning: All cats meow. My cat meows. This in deductive because both statements are true..

1 comment:

  1. As I was reading your examples to the different types of reasoning, I thought everything made a lot of sense. Especially since you wrote a little bit of what each reasoning means at the end of the example. It made it easy for me to understand and it was totally different from other people’s post that I have read from. I think that your examples are all very relatable in the real world, which I thought was a great. On top of that, I thought that they you made the hard reasoning examples for me such as inductive and deductive reasoning easy for me to understand. ☺

    ReplyDelete